Soybean oil is a vegetable oil extracted from the seeds of the soybean. It is one of the most widely consumed cooking oils. As a drying oil, processed soybean oil is also used as a base for printing inks and oil paints. Tanfeeds are among the first manufacturers of virgin soy cooking oil in Tanzania. Soybean oils, both liquid and partially hydrogenated are sold as “vegetable oil,” or are ingredients in a wide variety of processed foods. Most of the remaining residue (soybean meal) is used as animal feed.
Advantages of soy cooking oil
- Contain Beta – Systerol which: Blocks absorption of cholesterol and reduces high cholesterol levels. Phyto-sterols competitively inhibit cholesterol absorption in the guts thus reducing blood cholesterol levels. So it protects against coronary artery disease.
- Is healthy for prostate gland- it improves urine flow symptoms in man with benign prostate hyperplasia or enlarged prostate.
- Contains high level of Vitamin E and K. Vitamin E is strong antioxidant( protects the skin and mucus membranes). Vitamin K promotes bone health.
- Improves memory ( omega 3 & omega 6). It limits neural damage in the brain, so it has a role in treating
patients suffering from alzheimer’s disease and schizophrenia.
- It has anti-inflammatory and pain killing properties. It reduces inflammation for patients suffering from ulcerative colitis.
- Promotes hair growth
- Reduces painful menstruation
- Helps the body absorb nutrients from the food and help grow healthy cells.